What Causes House Fires In Saginaw And Ways To Avert Them
When you’re a homeowner, one of the most menacing dangers to your home and family members is the risk of fire. The U.S. Fire Administration projected in 2019 that American homeowners suffered approximately $1.6 billion in losses due to accidental or careless fires. Sadly, fires are sudden and are often preventable -- if you know where to act. And, fortunately, you have a monitored fire alarm that gets you help fast should you experience an incident.
What Causes House Fires In Saginaw?
Fires can spark anywhere at any time in the house. However, you can lower the danger of fire by taking precautions around the following household objects:
- Stoves and Ovens: Cooking is overwhelmingly the number 1 cause of a house fire in Saginaw. Kitchen-related flames typically result when the kitchen is left unattended during meal preparation. Water tossed on a grease fire only works to escalate a flame that would alternatively be contained.
- Candles: Going to sleep in a space with a burning candle is dangerous, even when you use a deep candle holder. The flame can easily catch a curtain on fire if left near a window, and animals can knock candles over. The National Fire Protection Association approximates that just over 7,600 houses were damaged because of candle-related fires between 2014-2018.
- Electrical wires: Old electrical circuit interrupters, “tamper-resistant” electrical outlets, malfunctioning or incorrectly set up lighting, and split lamp cords is a big risk. Be sure not to overburden your outlets or plug anything in with exposed wiring. And if you hear a pop or detect smoke from the outlet, turn the breaker off prior to checking it out.
- Space Heaters: Avoid coiled space heaters because waste, like dust bunnies, paper, or bed sheets can accidentally make contact and alight. However, you need to make sure to monitor fan and ceramic space heaters for the entire duration of usage.
- Cigarettes: Just in 2014, U.S. fire departments came to more than 17,000 house fires caused by cigars, pipes, or cigarettes. If you have tobacco products that smokes indoors, ensure they never pass out with a cigarette or smoke in bed. And fully extinguish your paraphernalia prior to placing it into a garbage can.
A Monitored Smoke Detector Does Can Helps When It Senses A Fire
If a fire happens to break out, you definitely want to have an effective detection system to notify your family members before it's too late. An ordinary smoke alarm is adequate but is only able to alert you if smoke is abundant. An advanced fire alarm -- a security device that's connected to your home security system -- is able to discover both smoke and climbing heat and can do more to make sure everyone is safe.
A monitored fire alarm has many ways it can warn you of rising heat. Your alarms can alert you with an ear-piercing alarm and a message to your mobile device. All the while, your always-on monitoring experts will contact the fire department. And should you be somewhere in which you aren’t able to speed home when a fire breaks out, you can be reassured that your monitoring agent will facilitate communication between you and first responders.
Utilize Monitored Fire Alarms From Secure24 Alarm Systems
The chance of house fires in Saginaw should never be underestimated, but you can rest easier if you have a monitored fire alarm on the premises. Contact Secure24 Alarm Systems, and we’ll help you install all the safety alarms you need with a cutting-edge home security system. Call (989) 214-1746 or send in the form below to get your home security system.