Modern home security solutions are getting more capable every year. Even so, you may still fail to do basic security duties like arming your a home security system, lowering the garage door, or locking all your doors.
How would you feel if you never had to remember doing these things ever again? When you implement geofencing in Saginaw, you can simply drive off to work and let your system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Saginaw For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual boundary around your house, which you may customize within your cell phone app. The technology then tracks your cell phone to determine when you go beyond the border and then initiates the tasks you have programmed.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart components use to interact with other connected equipment. This innovative approach aids your security system by centralizing all components onto one, unified network. You can institute a virtual “fence” along the perimeter of your house and assign what actions you want to take place when you go past the boundary.
To illustrate, as soon as you exit your driveway, you could program your security system to engage door locks, shut the garage door, and arm your alarms. Then, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing will inform your system to disable the alarm, raise the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even adjust your smart thermostat.
Below are some of the technologies you will be able to manage with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Home electronics such as TVs or appliances
● Garage doors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are All Possible With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways to use your home security system in Saginaw. When accessing the security app, you are able to make the most of automation. With just a few taps of your phone, and you have the opportunity to:
● Program schedules: arrange your smart components to operate at a specific time. Instruct your lighting to dim to tell you that it's bedtime, or deactivate your security alarms as you start your day.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make certain components activate based on another activity. Direct your thermostat to turn on the connected fan when the CO detector trips. Or illuminate your hall’s smart light if your security camera detects strange movements outside.
● Customize scenes: Make room and event scenes with various smart components that all act in unison. Make your smart bulbs turn off, the A/C go down, and the locks engage when the day is done. Or program the system for movie night with specific lighting and HVAC settings.
● Geofence your security: It's easy to forget to enable your alarm system as you're running late for work. With geofencing technology and your cell phone, you'll never forget to turn on your alarms and lower the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Saginaw
Whether you desire extra reassurance of a fully secured property whenever you drive away or you wish to automate your smart home technology, geofencing can help. Speak with one of our knowledgeable team members today at (989) 214-1746 or send in the form below to get started on your ideal security system.